Tuesday 19 October 2010

Rain and Cheeseburgers

After a nice spell of sunny, clear skies, today I experienced the mercurial nature of London's weather. From sunny to rainy in about ten seconds flat.
Confronted with the sudden drizzle, I decided to take refuge in a nearby McDonalds restaurant and grab me one of the specials called the Deli of the Day. It's only £1,99 and it's quite worth the price. So good, in fact, that they removed the advertisement for it but continue to sell the item anyway.
So I get to the cashier, which must have been one of those above-the-normal-cash-register-grunts people because she was wearing a white shirt. The exchange went something like this:

Me: "Hi, I'll have the daily deli please."
She: "The what?"
Me: "There's a deli sandwich which varies every day and it's £1.99?"
She: "That's the Deli of the Day. Daily Deli doesn't mean anything."

Bitch, I've been there something like two other times and every time I order a daily deli, they know exactly what I mean. Have you ever heard of adjectivating nouns? OH WAIT YOU'RE MAKING A CAREER AT MCD, I GUESS YOU HAVEN'T!

Anyway, I needed to vent. End of rant.

1 comment: