Monday 4 October 2010

Loving London

I love London. It is a fact. But the more I see of it, the more I realise that I don't love London for its physical attributes. I care nothing for the Buckingham Palace or Big Ben. Trafalgar Square was a disappointment, a pit stop for some delicious lemon cheesecake from Pret A Manger.
What I love about London is its people. It is the whole world in one place. All kinds of cultures, nationalities, available to you, every second, day or night. I love going to a nightclub and having some lamb donner on the way back. I love sitting on the tube for 20 minutes and hear all sorts of languages except English. I love taking a walk off the beaten path and finding tiny treasures. I love going to google maps, search for the most niche thing I can think of and watch as match after match pop up, none more than 30 minutes away.

So when you come to London, skip the cliché shit. Don't waste your days taking the same old tired pictures of the same old tired places everyone has seen before. Go and enjoy the actual London.

2 comments:

  1. But I wanna see the Big Ben :( And the palace, cmon, you can't go to Egypt and not see the pyramids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como te compreendo... E é assim que gosto de viajar.

    MJNuts

    ReplyDelete