Wednesday 15 September 2010

Day One

Welcome to my brand new blog, the one in which I'll document my Erasmus journey.

So, it is technically day two but this will still be about the day of my arrival. Day Zero, perhaps? Anyway, my flight was delayed three hours and I ended up getting here (lovely Liberty Fields, check it out!) way too late to do some last minute shopping. So, feeling somewhat isolated and hungry, I unpacked, booted my laptop up, set up the internet access, and tried to feel less crushingly lonesome.

How do you make the unfamiliar more welcoming? You make it yours!


It worked. I chatted with some of my friends, configured this new blog and now I'm feeling ready for bed. I have an early start tomorrow, after all.

I like being here. I look forward to meeting new people, exploring London, attending classes, having a few laughs. But part of me misses home already. The comfort of the familiar. But I don't listen to that part of me. I keep my chin up and I face whatever comes my way.

I'm a stranger in a strange land, and these are my tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment